In person New Volunteer Training
All volunteer applicants who will work directly with youth must:
- Complete the Ohio 4-H Volunteer Application Form (Fillable / Printable / Online Volunteer Application)
- Read the Ohio State University Extension Youth Protection Policy.
- Read and sign the Ohio 4-H Volunteer Standards of Behavior (found on the back of the 4-H Volunteer Enrollment Form).
- Recieve and review a Volunteer Job Description explaining volunteer rights and responsibilities.
- Attend a mandatory Volunteer Training.
- Complete a fingerprint background screening (must attend Volunteer Training before getting a background check). If you have had a background screening within 12 months of your Volunteer application, you may be able to use it. In order to use a previous background screening, the reason must be for the "care and custody of minors". You may send a letter to BCI requesting a copy of your screening be sent to the State 4-H Office.
For more information on becoming a 4-H Volunteer you can contact the Scioto County Extension Office at 740-354-7879.