Rules, guidelines, forms, information, links, for Scioto County 4-H Horse Projects.
All 4-H members, advisors and parents should read and have a working knowledge of the Scioto County 4-H General Polices as well as specific 4-H project requirements for their project area(s).
4-H Horse Project Policies & Requirements
- General 4-H Equine, Market, and Breeding Animal Rules
- 4-H Horse Projects (currently being revised)
- Uniform Rules Production Division
- Showman of Showmen Contest
- Eductational Activities and Events
- The online Horse Identification form & Helmet Safety is now available! Exhibitors will need their horse information and two photos per horse (profile and front view). Click on the link below to complete you horse id form before the deadline of May 3rd.
As members enroll in 4honline, youth will be prompted to sign off on their Permission to Participate, eliminating the need to complete a hard copy. https://go.osu.edu/horseid21
- All 4-H’ers enrolled in a horse project (and wishing to exhibit and compete at the Scioto County Fair or Ohio State Fair) must be verified as completing the Ohio State Horse mandated program, EquiSTEP, by June 1st of the current year.
- Youth who do not complete the EquiSTEP training by June 1st for the current year will be ineligible to exhibit and compete at the Scioto County Fair and/or the Ohio State Fair during that year. It is the 4-H’ers’ (and their parent or guardians) responsibility to see that they attend a session. No makeup sessions will be offered in Scioto County.
- Youth may attend a training that is offered by a 4-H Professional, Club advisor or complete the training on their own utilizing the online platform.
- 4-H Horse Project Form
- Horseless Horse Form
- Horse ID Form
- Permission to Participate in 4-H Horse Activities
- Horse Leasing Guidelines
- Special Livestock Project Housing Agreement
- Youth Production Horse Program Contract
- Horse Stall Reservation Form
- Fair Overnight Application
PAS - Performance Against Standards Horse Shows
PAS Out of County Form (you MUST have this signed by the Scioto County 4-H Educator BEFORE competing out of county)
Scioto County Fun Show Bill
Scioto County Fair Horse Show
Horse Skillathon Study Sheets