Scioto Junior Fair Livestock Animal Identification Survey; Qualtrics
Beef, Cattle Projects
All beef projects must be identified by June 15th.
Sheep, Goat & Swine
Due to ongoing health concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the decision has been made to continue utilizing the online livestock identification system for 2021.
Sheep, Pigs, Goats and Beef Breeding Projects will utilize the online Qualtrics system to upload their animal identification information. An email was sent on Friday, April 16th with the registration links and additional information.
- Market Sheep, Market Pigs & Gilts, Market Goats and Beef Breeding Projects will need tags.
- Breeding Sheep, Breeding Goats, Pack Goats, Pygmy & Dairy Goats may use their Scrapie Tag for identification
- Exhibitors may use an EID tag in place of a county tag
- Clubs that need tags will be able to pick those up at the OSU Extension Office between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
How to Tag Animals Online?
Youth will utilize the online survey system, Qualtrics to enter their animal information for the 2021 Scioto County Junior Fair Livestock Exhibition. Both 4-H’ers and FFA members will be eligible to enter their information.
What information will I be required to submit?
- Personal Information
- Birth Date
- Club or FFA Chapter
- Market Animal Information
- County Tag
- Scrapie Tag Number or Ear Notches for Swine
- Animal Date of Birth
- Sex of the Animal
- If it was born in Scioto County
- If the animal is a Family Alternate
- Must list the members associated with the animal
- Additional Market Animal Information
- Photos must be submitted of each MARKET animal
- Photo of Scrapie Tag
- Photo of ear for notches (pig)
- Side Profile
- Breeding Animals
- There will be a column for the animals Name
- Date of Birth
- Class it will be entered in
- Scrapie ID (must include entire 8 to 10 digit number)
- County Tag
- Parents will be required to sign off that they have read and understand the rules
- Youth will be required to sign off they have read and understand the rules
- After a submission has been made: Utilizing the email that was provided, the Qualtrics system will send you an email with the information that was entered.
- Personal Information
After a submission has been made:
Utilizing the email that was provided, the Qualtrics system will send you an email with the information that was entered.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I entered something incorrectly?
No problem, please do not create a new submission. Just email Josi at email@example.com and let her know what will need
What if I stop in the middle of the survey?
Answers will remain in the system for up to one week before they are erased, and you must start over.
What if I have a 4-H and an FFA project?
If you will be exhibiting a market animal and a breeding animal of the same specie through different organizations then you will need to submit for FFA then submit another survey for your 4-H project.
What if I have poor internet or no cell service?
No problem! Just write down the information that you need for each animal, take photos and then the next time leave the house or drive to a better service area, then you can submit the information for your project(s).
What are the links?
When must the Livestock ID Survey be completed??
- All forms must be completed no later than Monday, May 3rd no late submissions will be accepted!
Please contact the OSU Scioto County Extension office at 740-354-7879 or email Josi Brodt-Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org