Scioto Junior Fair Livestock Animal Identification Survey; Qualtrics
Beef, Cattle Projects
All beef projects must be identified by June 15th. The link to complete the Beef Identificaiton form is https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6hPC0TtCgSA6eqh
Sheep, Goat & Swine
Due to ongoing health concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the decision has been made to cancel all Ohio State University Extension in-person programming through July 6. This includes all 4-H programs, activities, and events. Additionally, we’ve made the very difficult decision to cancel all 4-H camps thru August 31. Although in-person programming is cancelled, we will continue to offer virtual 4-H experiences.
How to Tag Animals Online?
Youth will utilize the online survey system, Qualtrics to enter their animal information for the 2020 Scioto County Junior Fair Livestock Exhibition. Both 4-H’ers and FFA members will be eligible to enter their information.
What information will I be required to submit?
- Personal Information
- Birth Date
- Club or FFA Chapter
- Market Animal Information
- Scrapie Tag Number or Ear Notches for Swine
- Animal Date of Birth
- Sex of the Animal
- If it was born in Scioto County
- If the animal is a Family Alternate
- Must list the members associated with the animal
- Three photos must be submitted of each MARKET animal
- Front view with readable tag/notches
- Rear view
- Side Profile
- Breeding Animals
- There will be a column for the animals Name, Registration number or Tattoo
- Date of Birth
- Class it will be entered in
- Scrapie ID Tag or Ear Notch
- Parents will be required to sign off that they have read and understand the rules
- Youth will be required to sign off they have read and understand the rules
After a submission has been made:
Utilizing the email that was provided, the Qualtrics system will send you an email with the information that was entered.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I entered something incorrectly?
No problem, please do not create a new submission. Just email Josi at email@example.com and let her know what will need
What if I stop in the middle of the survey?
Answers will remain in the system for up to one week before they are erased, and you must start over.
What if I have a 4-H and an FFA project?
If you will be exhibiting a market animal and a breeding animal of the same specie through different organizations then you will need to submit for FFA then submit another survey for your 4-H project.
What if I have poor internet or no cell service?
No problem! Just write down the information that you need for each animal, take photos and then the next time leave the house or drive to a better service area, then you can submit the information for your project(s).
What are the links?
When must the Livestock ID Survey be completed??
- All forms must be completed no later than Friday, May 15th no late submissions will be accepted!
Please contact the OSU Scioto County Extension office at 740-354-7879 or email Josi Brodt-Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org